SHAPING INNOVATION LEADERS PROGRAM
June 9 – 14, 2024
The Premier Executive Management Course Designed Exclusively for Innovation Technology Leaders
Gain a competitive edge by equipping your high-potential innovation leaders with better business skills.
This intensive one-week course delivers the skills, concepts, language, and tools that innovation leaders need to make more effective strategic decisions and communicate those decisions to those in different business functions. The Innovation Research Interchange, in partnership with Northwestern University’s top-ranked Kellogg School of Management, specifically designed Shaping Innovation Leaders to meet the needs of demanding leadership roles in promising mid-level managers in research, development, innovation, and engineering.
Participants gain the skills, concepts, language, and tools they need to make more effective strategic decisions.
- address the challenges of leadership and motivate and lead others
- gain knowledge of general management through insights into marketing, finance, accounting, organization behavior and operations functions
- develop their ability to analyze, formulate, and implement strategies
- learn techniques for communicating with executives in other divisions
- grasp the latest thinking and management tools used in the business environment
- gain fresh perspectives for competing in a global marketplace
- gather priceless knowledge gleaned from networking with industry peers
“The practical lessons that are given are so applicable to our daily lives in research and development… this is a really great cohort of individuals who share similar issues, passions, and similar challenges to R&D.”
“I came to this [program] without knowing what to expect…I was impressed with the broad topics and I was especially impressed on how to leverage and understand value creation using single financial principals.”
Procter and Gamble
The IRI and Kellogg Experience
The Shaping Innovation Leaders course is held at the James L. Allen Center, at the heart of Northwestern’s Evanston campus overlooking Lake Michigan. Because learning should not be confined to the classroom, the Allen Center is designed to facilitate peer learning and informal interactions among faculty and participants. The center contains classrooms, study rooms, bedrooms (each with private bath), dining rooms, lounges, and recreational facilities. This quiet campus environment is within close proximity of downtown Chicago and O’Hare International Airport. The program fee covers tuition and materials, a single guest room at the Allen Center and group meals for the duration of the program. The program begins Saturday around 1:00 pm and concludes the following Friday by 3:00 pm. Learn more about the Kellogg Experience.