The laws, rules, and regulations of the markets we play in are constantly changing. How does your R&D team and greater organization handle this work load? Are certain functional groups responsible for specific compliance and product stewardship work streams?
7. Do you have a dashboard that is communicated to upper management related to compliance issues? If yes, what items are addressed?
- Yes, plants audited, number of letters of guaranty provided, number of new raw materials reviewed.
- No, but we have routine (quarterly) executive updates.
- Emissions, water use
- Only Safety and Environmental
- Yes, it includes # of products for a particular compliance mandate (such as ROHS) and indicates % that comply, % that don't comply and % that are unknown and require investigation.
- No (two responses)
8. In the last five years, how many R&D projects have you initiated based off of new rules, laws, and regulations?
- > 10
- At least 2
- At least 10
- Many, mostly small adaptation projects to move existing products into compliance of updated or new standards
- > 6
This survey was conducted in 2019